Leadership Hendry Glades
We Welcome you to an Opportunity to:
- Learn about critical issues in Hendry & Glades Counties
- Have access to people, information, and resources to help solve problems and create opportunities
- Discuss concerns/network with key decision makers
- Contribute to the future of Hendry & Glades Counties
- Develop leadership skills
Download an application
Leadership Hendry and Glades Countiesis an exciting leadership program designed to prepare leaders to meet the varied challenges facing Hendry & Glades Counties while providing a stimulating learning opportunity.
Participants explore critical issues and discover priceless resources through a series of seminars and related activities. Interaction with key decision makers, experts, community leaders, and representatives of regional and local governments assists participants in better understanding the forces that impact their business, community and daily lives. This networking is essential for effective leadership in today's business community
Leadership Hendry & Glades Counties believes the cooperative effort of well-informed citizens is the key to preserving and enhancing the quality of life that our Counties’ residents enjoy.
If you are interested in learning more about our community, committed to professional growth, and dedicated to the future of Hendry & Glades Counties, then you are considered a candidate!
Leadership Hendry and Glades Counties participants are representative of the area's geographic business and ethnic mix. Criteria used for selection include the following:
- A sincere commitment, motivation and interest to serve in the Community.
- Interest in seeking key volunteer or leadership roles
- A commitment to attendance
To be considered, applicants must submit a completed application form to:
Hendry County EDC
P.O. Box 2518
LaBelle, FL 33975
Phone: (863) 675-6007
Fax: (863) 674-9024
The Class is limited to 25 participants. Application are submitted to a non-biased committee who will evaluate the applications and the top 25 will be invited to participate. Once accepted into the program, a fee of $700 will be required to cover the program expenses
Youth Leadership Hendry and Glades Counties is a Bi-County leadership program for high school students. The program is designed to develop leadership potential and acquaint the participants with our community's available resources, obstacles and requirements for the future. The opportunity to learn about our counties is accomplished through a combination of classroom education, on-site interaction with community leaders and decision makers, as well as a unique learning experience. The participants participate in seminars and field study activities on such topics as:
Water & Environment
Judicial and Government
Business & Financial
Civic & Community Service
Students may apply through their career counselor at their local high school.
- The Leadership Alumni Association is an active part of our program. They provide opportunities to continue the commitment to Hendry and Glades Counties through the various projects that give back to our communities and broaden the LHG Families. To find out what the Alumni Association is working on,